Processors for 2390B Motherboard

Mike

I know people have used up to Athlon XP 1600 ut what is the fastest
Duron processor anyone has tried on the board?

Some processors are just getting to hard to find at reasonable prices
anymore.

Paul D. Motzenbecker, Jr.

Mike,
Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
DC)!
The Tyan website mentions the fastest Duron as the 1.1GHz model. I have
heard reports of people running faster CPUs, I.E. the Athlon 1800+, but that
is outside the range for the approved CPUs. At this stage in its life, it
might behoove you to get a new system. Unfortunately, with computers it is
such a short time dancing upon the stage before you are replaced with a
newer, faster model.
Peace,
Paul
news:3mwae.2063$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>I know people have used up to Athlon XP 1600 ut what is the fastest Duron
>processor anyone has tried on the board?
>
> Some processors are just getting to hard to find at reasonable prices
> anymore.

Mike

That is true, but this board os so solid it does a great job as a
development web server platform and media server for my house.
What I am doing doesn't need a powerhouse, I havea faster system for that.
I found a friend with a 1.2g Athlon so I think for $20 I will put that
in and call it good.

Paul D. Motzenbecker, Jr. wrote:
> Mike,
> Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
> DC)!
> The Tyan website mentions the fastest Duron as the 1.1GHz model. I have
> heard reports of people running faster CPUs, I.E. the Athlon 1800+, but that
> is outside the range for the approved CPUs. At this stage in its life, it
> might behoove you to get a new system. Unfortunately, with computers it is
> such a short time dancing upon the stage before you are replaced with a
> newer, faster model.
> Peace,
> Paul
> news:3mwae.2063$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
>>I know people have used up to Athlon XP 1600 ut what is the fastest Duron
>>processor anyone has tried on the board?
>>
>>Some processors are just getting to hard to find at reasonable prices
>>anymore.

Axel Hagedorn

Mike,

I've used a XP 2200 successfully on a 2390B - it was not recognized by
name by the bios, but ran at the right speed and was very stable. (It had
to do a lot of "seti'ing"...)

And I can say the same as you - it's a rock solid board. I started with
TYAN with a Trinity 100AT, then the Trinity 2390B and now I'm running a
Trinity KT400 S2495ANRS with an Athlon XP 3000 - still on the rock solid
side of life...

Best regards

Axel

--

"If Microsoft is ever going to produce something that does not suck,
it is very likely a vacuum cleaner."

Axel Hagedorn - Darmstadt/Germany - (E-Mail Removed)
PGP-Key and ICQ-UID on request

nSurfer

Mike wrote:
> I know people have used up to Athlon XP 1600 ut what is the fastest
> Duron processor anyone has tried on the board?
>
> Some processors are just getting to hard to find at reasonable prices
> anymore.

Duron 1.8ghz is running great on 2390B (of course bios must be updated
first.).