PS/2 k/b and mouse not responding on 7NJL6

Zilla

Ok here's a puzzler. CT support was clueless on this one
but perhaps....

I have latest BIOS on my 7NJL6. When I power up my system,
PS/2 k/b works fine since I can press the Del key and go into
BIOS, navigate BIOS, etc. So I know the k/b works. However,
when I get to the Win2k Login, neither my k/b nor mouse
responds to key clicks or mouse clicks respectively. Now if
I reset the system by pushing the reset button, again k/b
works in BIOS, when I get to the Win2k login, k/b and mouse
WORK! So is the case on every subsequent Win2k restart.
This happens EVERY TIME after power up ONLY. Any clues?

I already have an RMA# but I want to solve it first.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

nthums1

USB keyboard & or mouse
Double check the jumper on the mobo for its position
Also make sure you've plugged in to the correct sockets.
accidentally plugged my mouse into the keyboard socket because th
color matched
Weirdly it worked most of the time when the usb kbd and mouse wer
installed

Zilla

Neither - PS/2 as the title says.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

"nthums1" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:LQiUe.173423$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> USB keyboard & or mouse?
> Double check the jumper on the mobo for its position.
> Also make sure you've plugged in to the correct sockets. I
> accidentally plugged my mouse into the keyboard socket because the
> color matched.
> Weirdly it worked most of the time when the usb kbd and mouse were
> installed.

Guy

Reads like a bad vxd. Clean install of 2k?

Zilla

Yep I did this before even reading your post and it seems to work now.
You were right though. Thanks.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA