pt800ce-a help!!

Pete Rynas

finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS going
good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get the
" checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes that??
battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

Pete Rynas

it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a new
battery any other ideas
"Pete Rynas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS going
> good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get
> the " checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes that??
> battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

Buffalo

Try the battery and post back. You will have to redo the BIOS after replacing
the battery.

"Pete Rynas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a new
> battery any other ideas
> "Pete Rynas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS going
> > good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get
> > the " checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes that??
> > battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

Pete Rynas

things ok for the last few days , kept it off for 2 days , i think that
maybe windows is "learning it's new home as i have seen many times in the
past?? thanks again pete
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try the battery and post back. You will have to redo the BIOS after
> replacing
> the battery.
>
> "Pete Rynas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a
>> new
>> battery any other ideas
>> "Pete Rynas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS
>> > going
>> > good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get
>> > the " checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes
>> > that??
>> > battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

tcsenter

Pete Rynas wrote:
> it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a new
> battery any other ideas

Well its not really a 'new' board, more like previously unsold surplus.
I think the board has been discontinued for some time now. Have you
updated to the latest BIOS (1.1e)?

Regards,

Tim

Pete Rynas

about the first thing i did , could'nt believe that the bios shipped was
2004!!! i don't know for sure but maybe some of the earlier problems may be
because i took the hard drive from my 848P mobo and stuck it in the 800CE
and after all new hardware was found and functional , i did a drive to drive
copy and then used the sata as the new boot --seems as if winXP pro has
finally learned where it now lives and with my fingers crossed i hope this
is the case. only recent prob is trying to rip and copy dvd's that
continually lock it up and want's to send windows an error report?? any
thoughts - i did have to after the drive to drive copy , have to( for some
reason i don't know) edit the boot .ini to keep it from showing a choice of
boot systems when i only had one drive and the one i copied was a single
boot pata??? thanks pete
"tcsenter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Pete Rynas wrote:
>> it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a
>> new
>> battery any other ideas

> Well its not really a 'new' board, more like previously unsold surplus.
> I think the board has been discontinued for some time now. Have you
> updated to the latest BIOS (1.1e)?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim

Boppie

Pete,

I have one these boards first running Windows XP sp2 then running Solaris 10
10/06, and finally running Vista Ultimate.
I have installed 1GB of ram, 160GB drive for the Windows stuff and a SCSI
160 with 2 18GB drives. The first problem I had with was it needed
a power supply , so I bought a 500W supply. Since then under Windows XP, it
would sometimes copy files 1GB & above and sometimes it owuld not.
Under Vista, it would do that and more; makes you wonder about XP & Vista?
Under Solaris 10, it would whatever I wanted without any problems. I have
seen the issues with this board and came to the conclusion that if the power
supply
was not up to it, then you could have other "issues" with the board. The cpu
is a 3.0GHZ with the ATI 9700Pro, Solaris 10 did not like the built-in LAN
so I bought a USRobotics
10/100 card to satify the Solaris 10.
Runs very well under Solaris 10 & Vista.

BBoppie