pwr-ok on atx supply?

Brad

Hey all,

I've been trying to debug an issue with a system for a few weeks now.
Basically when I try and post the mb I bet a constant, alternating,
beeping sound. Sometimes I do get a bios video but the sound never
stops. Once in a while i can actually run something but it usually
dies after a few seconds.

system
-------
Abit AN7
ati 9800 pro
Athlon XP 2500+
Kingston DDR333 CAS2

I've actually tried three different video cards, two kinds of RAM, and
3 different processors. I'm down to the power supply. I've read on
the web that the gray pwr-ok pin on the atx connector should be
greater than two volts even when the supply isn't connected to the
board. The supply is, of course, turned on.

Anyone know if this is true? I'm not getting any voltage on this
line.

Brad

Pen

Yes see;
http://www.formfactors.org/developer...s%5Catx2_2.pdf
You need to check all the PS voltages as power good only goes high
if 3.3v and 5v are ok.

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hey all,
>
> I've been trying to debug an issue with a system for a few weeks now.
> Basically when I try and post the mb I bet a constant, alternating,
> beeping sound. Sometimes I do get a bios video but the sound never
> stops. Once in a while i can actually run something but it usually
> dies after a few seconds.
>
> system
> -------
> Abit AN7
> ati 9800 pro
> Athlon XP 2500+
> Kingston DDR333 CAS2
>
> I've actually tried three different video cards, two kinds of RAM, and
> 3 different processors. I'm down to the power supply. I've read on
> the web that the gray pwr-ok pin on the atx connector should be
> greater than two volts even when the supply isn't connected to the
> board. The supply is, of course, turned on.
>
> Anyone know if this is true? I'm not getting any voltage on this
> line.
>
> Brad

Michael Hawes

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hey all,
>
> I've been trying to debug an issue with a system for a few weeks now.
> Basically when I try and post the mb I bet a constant, alternating,
> beeping sound. Sometimes I do get a bios video but the sound never
> stops. Once in a while i can actually run something but it usually
> dies after a few seconds.
>
> system
> -------
> Abit AN7
> ati 9800 pro
> Athlon XP 2500+
> Kingston DDR333 CAS2
>
> I've actually tried three different video cards, two kinds of RAM, and
> 3 different processors. I'm down to the power supply. I've read on
> the web that the gray pwr-ok pin on the atx connector should be
> greater than two volts even when the supply isn't connected to the
> board. The supply is, of course, turned on.
>
> Anyone know if this is true? I'm not getting any voltage on this
> line.
>
> Brad

Check your cooling, some boards give the sound you describe if CPU
overheating or CPU fan not turning (fast enough).
Mike.

---

ejb

Check that none of the PCI or other brackets are touching the M/B,had me
going for a couple of hours recently when I got a new case,turned out the
firewire bkt was touchning the edge of the M/B.