Quad Core CPU's on AW9D-MAX?

S. Smith

I have an Abit AW9D-MAX motherboard in my system right now with an
overclocked Core 2 Duo E6600 (running at 3 Ghz). I am considering
getting the Q6600 Quad Core CPU for that board. The Abit specs
claim that the Quad Core CPU's work with that board with the latest
BIOS revision (which I have). But I've read on a couple forums that
the overclocking with the Quad Core's on that board can be a little
problematic.

Anyone here running an OC'd Q6600 successfully on an AW9D-MAX?

- Scott Smith: (E-Mail Removed)
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith

Arvin

Hi

I had nothing but trouble with my Q6600 Go Stepping CPU on this board so I
got myself a Abit IP35Pro instead and this board has been rock solid.

Sloane

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:01:29 GMT, "Arvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"S. Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> I have an Abit AW9D-MAX motherboard in my system right now with an
>> overclocked Core 2 Duo E6600 (running at 3 Ghz). I am considering
>> getting the Q6600 Quad Core CPU for that board. The Abit specs
>> claim that the Quad Core CPU's work with that board with the latest
>> BIOS revision (which I have). But I've read on a couple forums that
>> the overclocking with the Quad Core's on that board can be a little
>> problematic.
>>
>> Anyone here running an OC'd Q6600 successfully on an AW9D-MAX?
>>

>Hi
>
>I had nothing but trouble with my Q6600 Go Stepping CPU on this board so I
>got myself a Abit IP35Pro instead and this board has been rock solid.
>
>Sloane

Thanks. That's kind of what I've been hearing/reading.

I may wait until the Nehalem's come out and the Quad core
prices drop, then look at upgrading to a new motherboard
as well.