Question on installing an updated IDE driver on a SY-P4S645D Lite

rrk8

Should I install the latest SiS IDE driver, v2.04a, taken from the SiS
web site? I have the SY-P4S645D Lite motherboard with WinXP Pro SP2
and only have the IDE driver that Soyo provided on their motherboard
CD. Soyo's 645 driver update download link doesn't provide an updated
IDE driver for WinXP. Been having difficulty getting my system to
recognize all the features on a new LiteOn 832S dual format, double
layer DVD burner and was wondering if the updated driver could help.
But on the other hand, don't want to honk up my system.

If I do install v2.04a, do you recommend uninstalling the current
driver first or just installing on top of the current driver?

Thanks in advance for any help!

rrk8