Questions about Vista tablet input keyboard and digitizer device.

benstang@gmail.com

Hi,

I have some problems about driver and tablet function.

I wrote a hid digitizer driver for touch panel, and the touch function
works fine on vista.
Vista will enable tablet input tab when there is a digitizer device
attached to system.

I have declare "In-range" in the report descriptor.
There are 2 cases, please take a look to image link:

case 1:
I report touch packets to Vista with In-range flag set, and open the
tablet on-screen keyboard:

http://benstang.myweb.hinet.net/vista/inrange.jpg

case 2:
Report touch packets without In-range flag, and open the tablet on-
screen keyboard:

http://benstang.myweb.hinet.net/vista/noinrange.jpg

My problem is why the on-screen keyboards are different?
These 2 cases are the same but In-range flag.
Is there any config or settings can change layout of on-screen
keyboard?

I found a similar question on internet:

http://www.technologyquestions.com/t...i-use-pen.html

But the discuss thread ends with no result.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading this post, and sorry for my poor English =)

Benson
From Taipei, Taiwan

Rainald Taesler

You might ask in the developer's group too:
microsoft.public.windows.developer.

Rainald

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some problems about driver and tablet function.
>
> I wrote a hid digitizer driver for touch panel, and the touch
> function works fine on vista.
> Vista will enable tablet input tab when there is a digitizer device
> attached to system.
>
> I have declare "In-range" in the report descriptor.
> There are 2 cases, please take a look to image link:
>
> case 1:
> I report touch packets to Vista with In-range flag set, and open the
> tablet on-screen keyboard:
>
> http://benstang.myweb.hinet.net/vista/inrange.jpg
>
> case 2:
> Report touch packets without In-range flag, and open the tablet on-
> screen keyboard:
>
> http://benstang.myweb.hinet.net/vista/noinrange.jpg
>
> My problem is why the on-screen keyboards are different?
> These 2 cases are the same but In-range flag.
> Is there any config or settings can change layout of on-screen
> keyboard?
>
> I found a similar question on internet:

http://www.technologyquestions.com/t...i-use-pen.html

> But the discuss thread ends with no result.
>
> Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you for reading this post, and sorry for my poor English =)
>
> Benson
> From Taipei, Taiwan

benstang@gmail.com

Thank you