Quicktime 7.1 Pro/H.264 codec

Monica

I'm sorry if this is not an appropriate forum in which to post this
question.
I do have a Radeon 2400 Pro vid card tho (if that helps)
I've used the above (subject line) combination for 3 years in converting my
avi videos to
mp4 and a more manageable size. I recently bought a new computer and am
trying to figure out what I need in order for the H.264 codec to be enabled
in QT Pro. I thought it was just upgrading to the Pro version. Apparently
I had to download/install something additional but can't remember what. In
addition to QT Pro, I've downloaded and installed a H.264 codec (it didn't
give me an option of where to install it), Super (Simplified Universal
Player Encoder and Renderer) and Nero 7 Ultra Edition. Thought maybe
something in those programs would enable the option for H.264 in QuickTime
Pro. I know I have what I need on my backup drive, I just can't remember
what it is. Can someone tell me what I need for this to work please?
Thanks,
Monica

Monica

Never mind, it's fixed now