QUIET Power Supplies >>OVER<< 400 Watts? also, any Ratings Sites you recommend?

CURIOUS ANGEL

So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
on the market?

Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
guys.

Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

Colon Terminus

"CURIOUS ANGEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
> comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
> on the market?
>
> Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
> guys.
>
> Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

You want the best? You gotta pay for it.
Here 'ya go:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home/

George Hester

I still want to know what 38 decibels sounds like?

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"CURIOUS ANGEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
> comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
> on the market?
>
> Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
> guys.
>
> Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

George Hester

Wow +12V @ 54A for their Turbo-Cool 850. Gimme... They should be listing
the decibels don't you think?

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"Colon Terminus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "CURIOUS ANGEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
> > comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
> > on the market?
> >
> > Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
> > guys.
> >
> > Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)
> >

> You want the best? You gotta pay for it.
> Here 'ya go:
> http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home/

Will Dormann

George Hester wrote:
> Wow +12V @ 54A for their Turbo-Cool 850. Gimme... They should be listing
> the decibels don't you think?

A friend of mine got a Turbo-Cool PSU, and it's quite LOUD.
They are more of a server-grade PSU, and are thus not focusing on noise
levels as much.

--
-WD

Carl

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/OCZ.html

Arno Wagner

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc CURIOUS ANGEL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
> comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
> on the market?

> Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
> guys.

> Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

I have an Antec TruePower 2.0 480W. Antec claims 21dB(A0 for it, but
c't magazin recently measured > 30dB(A), which is not that quiet
anymore and subjectively I agree. One problem is also that they use a
much, much slowed down 12V fan (usually running at 5V) that produces
audible vibrations and whining. I replaced the fan with a very quiet
12V running at full speed. Now thw noise is way down but I think I
reduced the top contionous power output to about 400W, given that the
new fan has less air-flow. Also the external fan outputs are unusable
with many quiet fans, since they give off about 5V unles the load is
pretty high.

I would not recommend this PSU as a quiet one.

Arno

George Hester

You are the first I have read that has knocked one of their PSUs. And did
it well.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"Arno Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc CURIOUS ANGEL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
> > comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
> > on the market?

> > Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
> > guys.

> > Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

> I have an Antec TruePower 2.0 480W. Antec claims 21dB(A0 for it, but
> c't magazin recently measured > 30dB(A), which is not that quiet
> anymore and subjectively I agree. One problem is also that they use a
> much, much slowed down 12V fan (usually running at 5V) that produces
> audible vibrations and whining. I replaced the fan with a very quiet
> 12V running at full speed. Now thw noise is way down but I think I
> reduced the top contionous power output to about 400W, given that the
> new fan has less air-flow. Also the external fan outputs are unusable
> with many quiet fans, since they give off about 5V unles the load is
> pretty high.
>
> I would not recommend this PSU as a quiet one.
>
> Arno

Arno Wagner

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc George Hester <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You are the first I have read that has knocked one of their PSUs. And did
> it well.

Thanks. There is just to much mediocre engineering and inflated
claims by vendors out there.

Arno

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

CURIOUS ANGEL wrote:
> So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
> comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
> on the market?
>
> Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
> guys.
>
> Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

reviews of silent PSUs I don't bother with

Antec do a fanless one. So does Thermaltake 0db