Ant

Is this ATI newsgroup dead?
--
"Look not to the windmill's turning while the ant still burrows." --unknown
/\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
| |o o| |

Jim

"Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Is this ATI newsgroup dead?

Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

Ant

On 2/22/2011 3:46 AM PT, Jim typed:

>> Is this ATI newsgroup dead?

> Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

So, should we postin AMD newsgroup then even though they are for CPUs
and motherboards/mobos.? Someone should start a new general AMD
newsgroup.
--
"Look not to the windmill's turning while the ant still burrows." --unknown
/\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
| |o o| |

Gorby

On 23/02/2011 12:04 AM, Ant wrote:
> On 2/22/2011 3:46 AM PT, Jim typed:
>
>>> Is this ATI newsgroup dead?

>> Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

> So, should we postin AMD newsgroup then even though they are for CPUs
> and motherboards/mobos.? Someone should start a new general AMD
> newsgroup.

I still keep looking here. Still believe I get way better performance,
and price, out of ati/amd cards.

[OT]

I'm thinking of building my next PC with an AMD CPU. I've been using
Intel since they came out with the Core CPUs. The latest games don't
need Core i7s. Windows 7 needs less resources than Vista. Smartphones
will get developers writing efficient code (I hope this will then lead
to more efficient code in Windows). Most Linux distros don't use many
resources. The most noticeable speed increase I have had was when I
started using a SSD as my boot device.

I haven't been subscribing to any Intel forums, but may very well have a
look at the AMD one.

cheers