Radeon X850 XT and Vista Aero

Bill OD

Has anyone else had a problem with the X850 card and Aero? My system is a P4
2.8G w/ 1g RAM and a AGP X850 XT 256M card. Vista is giving my card a 5.9
score and I've loaded the Catalyst 7.5 Drivers, Vista ready. The Aero option
is there but when I switch it just defaults back to Windows Standard. I
think there's something with the driver because I saw aspects of Aero (
transparency, etc ) when the system was loading but then for some reason it
turns it off. I've unloaded and reloaded the drivers a few times. Any ideas
or info would be appreciated

Robin Gordon

Have you tried going into display in control panel and checking out what
settings are in there. I know it works and quite well. I have an x850XT PE
and have had no bother with Aero except that when I run Limewire it defaults
back to standard settings. Check to see what else is running that might be
disabling the aero feature.
What version of vista are you running, home, premium or ultimate. This also
may effect your desktop settings.
Good luck with that. My system is ultimate and defaulted to aero upon
installing.

Robin

news:44gdi.1030$(E-Mail Removed)...