RAID on Master/Master or Master/Slave?

no_one

I have set up a RAID 0 (striped for performance) with a pair of 80 GB WD IDE
drives and made them both Masters; one on the promary channel and one on the
secondary channel. Is this the best way to set them up or should I move one
to the Slave position of the Pimay channel?

Ron

Darkfalz

"no_one" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v3lSb.2781$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I have set up a RAID 0 (striped for performance) with a pair of 80 GB WD

IDE
> drives and made them both Masters; one on the promary channel and one on

the
> secondary channel. Is this the best way to set them up or should I move

one
> to the Slave position of the Pimay channel?

Master/Master.

Tatu

> Master/Master.

______________________________

I agree - definately master/master. I have that setup in my pc,
although a mirroring raid so that important data is more safe.

Greetings!

Tatu

DaveW

Are you saying that your motherboard DOES have a RAID chip on it? Normally
you don't use the Primary and Secondary IDE ports for RAID on most RAID
enabled motherboards.

--
DaveW

"no_one" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v3lSb.2781$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I have set up a RAID 0 (striped for performance) with a pair of 80 GB WD

IDE
> drives and made them both Masters; one on the promary channel and one on

the
> secondary channel. Is this the best way to set them up or should I move

one
> to the Slave position of the Pimay channel?

Ron

no_one

Yes, the P4P800 has the ability to run either an IDE or a SATA RAID in
addtion to the normal IDE primary and redundant drives; I believe that it
can support up to 6 drives under XP with all the IDE and RAID combo's
available. It is pretty cool.