RAID question

Gary

I am new at working the any RAID systems so I my be just a dummy as these
things go but here goes my problem:

I have a GigaByte GA-8PE800 ULTRA motherboard with GigaRAID. I can't seem to
find a good set of files to install as I try to install along with Windows
XP. It either can't find something or my latest error message:

File \WIN2K_XP\iteraid.sys caused an unexpected error (4096) at line 2113 in
d:xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdick.c.

With Gigabytes tech supports suggestion, I removed the jumper from my WD
hard drives and I final quit getting the error message as I booted that it
couldn't locate either channel. Now on boot up it does indicate the drives
are there, BUT they do not show in Windows.

Should the drives be formatted in another machine before installing as the
RAID array, or should they show up somewhere in Windows that I can access
them and then do the format??

As I look at the hardware in Windows, it shows my other hard drive where the
OS is located, and it also shows there is a disk array, but will not access
the array so I can even attempt a format.

Any help?

Frank Berryman

Are you trying to set up a RAID 0 or a RAID 1?

Gary wrote:
> I am new at working the any RAID systems so I my be just a dummy as these
> things go but here goes my problem:
>
> I have a GigaByte GA-8PE800 ULTRA motherboard with GigaRAID. I can't seem to
> find a good set of files to install as I try to install along with Windows
> XP. It either can't find something or my latest error message:
>
> File \WIN2K_XP\iteraid.sys caused an unexpected error (4096) at line 2113 in
> d:xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdick.c.
>
> With Gigabytes tech supports suggestion, I removed the jumper from my WD
> hard drives and I final quit getting the error message as I booted that it
> couldn't locate either channel. Now on boot up it does indicate the drives
> are there, BUT they do not show in Windows.
>
> Should the drives be formatted in another machine before installing as the
> RAID array, or should they show up somewhere in Windows that I can access
> them and then do the format??
>
> As I look at the hardware in Windows, it shows my other hard drive where the
> OS is located, and it also shows there is a disk array, but will not access
> the array so I can even attempt a format.
>
> Any help?

Gary

I'm trying to setup a RAID 1......Trying to mirror the drives.

"Frank Berryman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:xW0Zd.16599$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Are you trying to set up a RAID 0 or a RAID 1?
>
> Gary wrote:
>> I am new at working the any RAID systems so I my be just a dummy as

these
>> things go but here goes my problem:
>>
>> I have a GigaByte GA-8PE800 ULTRA motherboard with GigaRAID. I can't

seem to
>> find a good set of files to install as I try to install along with

Windows
>> XP. It either can't find something or my latest error message:
>>
>> File \WIN2K_XP\iteraid.sys caused an unexpected error (4096) at line

2113 in
>> d:xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdick.c.
>>
>> With Gigabytes tech supports suggestion, I removed the jumper from my

WD
>> hard drives and I final quit getting the error message as I booted that

it
>> couldn't locate either channel. Now on boot up it does indicate the

drives
>> are there, BUT they do not show in Windows.
>>
>> Should the drives be formatted in another machine before installing as

the
>> RAID array, or should they show up somewhere in Windows that I can

access
>> them and then do the format??
>>
>> As I look at the hardware in Windows, it shows my other hard drive

where the
>> OS is located, and it also shows there is a disk array, but will not

access
>> the array so I can even attempt a format.
>>
>> Any help?

WobStyr

"Frank Berryman" wrote:
> Are you trying to set up a RAID 0 or a RAID 1?
>
> Gary wrote:
> > I am new at working the any RAID systems so I my be just a

> dummy as these
> > things go but here goes my problem:
> >
> > I have a GigaByte GA-8PE800 ULTRA motherboard with GigaRAID.

> I can't seem to
> > find a good set of files to install as I try to install

> along with Windows
> > XP. It either can't find something or my latest error

> message:
> >
> > File WIN2K_XPiteraid.sys caused an unexpected error (4096)

> at line 2113 in
> > d:xpsprtmbasebootsetupoemdick.c.
> >
> > With Gigabytes tech supports suggestion, I removed the

> jumper from my WD
> > hard drives and I final quit getting the error message as I

> booted that it
> > couldn't locate either channel. Now on boot up it does

> indicate the drives
> > are there, BUT they do not show in Windows.
> >
> > Should the drives be formatted in another machine before

> installing as the
> > RAID array, or should they show up somewhere in Windows that

> I can access
> > them and then do the format??
> >
> > As I look at the hardware in Windows, it shows my other hard

> drive where the
> > OS is located, and it also shows there is a disk array, but

> will not access
> > the array so I can even attempt a format.
> >
> > Any help?

Hi Guys
I also get the same error
i am trying to set up XP on a Raid 0 stripe on the 8knxp motherboard,
to no avail
the drivers keep failing.
any ideas?
Rob

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Soyo-R...pict50533.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=257105

Junior Member

I know it has been almost over a year since the last post was created for this error. I was unable to find the resolution to this problem on any other sites so I thought I would provide some help.

If you created an image on the floppy disk from the manufacturer, that would create the "unexpected error (4096) at line 2113" message when installing WinXP. What I did to resolve this problem was to copy the driver files for WinXP and the files located on the main folder of the zip file onto the root directory of your floppy disk. Then when installing WinXP and pressing the F6 button, the option to install the third party drivers will be available and the "unexpected error (4096) at line 2113" is no longer there. Hope this helps someone.

Junior Member

originally posted on another site by IT on Demand Feb 3 2006, 01:26 AM

Once I copied the whole WinXp folder to the floppy, the install program new exactly where to find the files (Very weird. Live and learn). Keep directory structures intact. Don't remove files from directories.