Anonymous

Hi

I have the AOPEN MX3W motherboard and recently purchased a RAM upgrade. It
is a PC100 SDRAM (64Mb's). Unfortunately my pc keeps crashing with
bluescreens now. Often the system will not even boot up. Do I need to
change the SDRAM timing in the system BIOS to get this RAM working? I have
tried running with the original RAM and it works fine. Just the new chip,
won't even start.

Thanks

"Anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fCZfd.8711$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have the AOPEN MX3W motherboard and recently purchased a RAM upgrade.

It
> is a PC100 SDRAM (64Mb's). Unfortunately my pc keeps crashing with
> bluescreens now. Often the system will not even boot up. Do I need to
> change the SDRAM timing in the system BIOS to get this RAM working? I

have
> tried running with the original RAM and it works fine. Just the new chip,
> won't even start.
>
> Thanks

Make sure the RAM isn't high density. This type of RAM seldom works with the
older boards. You can usually check the manufacturer site for info.

Chris