raq4: mailscanner tutorial that works?

tg

using a raq4 with Cobalt Linux 6.0 I'm finding it difficult to install
mailscanner with f-prot and get them working. I've tried the tutorial at:
http://www.qitc.net/support/mailscanner/
but that gives errors during the mailscanner install (eg: 'bad exit
from'...
and Bad file descriptor at /usr/local/f-prot/autoupdate line 283,
<TEMPFILE> chunk 1.) and the mailscanner service won't stop but gives
'ERROR' - probably becuase it didn't install properly.
I've also tried the tutorial at:
http://www.iswitch.it/cobalt/raq4avtut.html
but that didn't work either. I get errors and failures with that too.
I've spent about a week on this so far trying different versions of
mailscanner mixed with different versions of f-prot. And searching google
on this brings up a lot of dead links.
thanks for any pointers.

DoN. Nichols

On 2009-08-09, tg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> using a raq4 with Cobalt Linux 6.0 I'm finding it difficult to install
> mailscanner with f-prot and get them working. I've tried the tutorial at:
> http://www.qitc.net/support/mailscanner/
> but that gives errors during the mailscanner install (eg: 'bad exit
> from'...
> and Bad file descriptor at /usr/local/f-prot/autoupdate line 283,
><TEMPFILE> chunk 1.) and the mailscanner service won't stop but gives
> 'ERROR' - probably becuase it didn't install properly.
> I've also tried the tutorial at:
> http://www.iswitch.it/cobalt/raq4avtut.html
> but that didn't work either. I get errors and failures with that too.
> I've spent about a week on this so far trying different versions of
> mailscanner mixed with different versions of f-prot. And searching google
> on this brings up a lot of dead links.
> thanks for any pointers.

It seems to me that this is not hardware related, and not
particularly even Sun related, unless this is the linux OS version which
Sun shipped with the boxen.

You might want to find a newsgroup or web-based forum which
focuses on mailscanner and Linux to ask your questions.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: <(E-Mail Removed)> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

IS7 overclocking tutorial? AAvK Abit 9 11-01-2005 11:23 PM
Convert protected wma's to mp3 or .m4a (AAC) for use in i-Pod using the easiest, least complicated tutorial on the Web!!!! audiohead Dell 0 09-04-2005 05:43 AM
does anyone know where i can find the HP 4951 manual/tutorial? Perdition HP 0 09-02-2005 03:43 PM
Itanium tutorial kernel, any interest? tk Intel 0 05-05-2004 06:45 AM
A7N8X Deluxe: tutorial for setting up RAID 0?? John Q. Public Asus 4 01-08-2004 07:40 AM