Rats! murdered my mobo

Andrew K

I fried my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum KT400 with a faulty memory module. I'd
like to replace it exactly so I won't have to deal with a possible Win XP
re-installation that a diffreent board might require. Does anybody know of a
retailer that may still have an old mobo like this....besides ebay?

Frank Berryman

Andrew K wrote:
> I fried my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum KT400 with a faulty memory module. I'd
> like to replace it exactly so I won't have to deal with a possible Win XP
> re-installation that a diffreent board might require. Does anybody know of a
> retailer that may still have an old mobo like this....besides ebay?

You might want to check the Soyo web site. I have seen older boards for
sale there from time to time.

DaveJ

Frank Berryman wrote:
> Andrew K wrote:
> > I fried my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum KT400 with a faulty memory

module. I'd
> > like to replace it exactly so I won't have to deal with a possible

Win XP
> > re-installation that a diffreent board might require. Does anybody

know of a
> > retailer that may still have an old mobo like this....besides ebay?
> >

> You might want to check the Soyo web site. I have seen older boards

for
> sale there from time to time.

I have one I will sell, $60.00 + shipping.

BiG Orange

I put old hard drives on new motherboards all the time and Windows XP SP2
works fine. I know what you are talking about from the old days, but this
doesn't seem to be as problematic anymore.