RCHW for powerpc MPC5566

matrix13

Hello Community,

I am new to PowerPC and I have the Freescale MPC5566EVB with me fo
experimenting with MPC5566. I am using CodeWarrior with PENexus Micr
debugger.
My aim is to develop a code for FMPLL and store it in MPC internal SRAM
Then I want to boot the device from the internal SRAM. I have two question
regarding this.
1. What is the configuration of BOOTCFG for booting from 'internal SRAM'?
2. At what address should I specify the RCHW and how will I specify it i
the linker file?

When I am loading the code in Internal SRAM using debugger and executing
the MCU is working properly. But I am not configuring the RCHW in the lc
file. I suspect that the debugger is itself configuring the MCU for prope
operation (please correct me if I am wrong). Hence my worry is that th
same code won't run when I load it in the internal Flash since it won'
configure the MCU properly.

Please provide your valuable comments. Thank you.

---------------------------------------

David Brown

On 30/01/2012 01:25, matrix13 wrote:
> Hello Community,
>
> I am new to PowerPC and I have the Freescale MPC5566EVB with me for
> experimenting with MPC5566. I am using CodeWarrior with PENexus Micro
> debugger.
> My aim is to develop a code for FMPLL and store it in MPC internal SRAM.
> Then I want to boot the device from the internal SRAM. I have two questions
> regarding this.
> 1. What is the configuration of BOOTCFG for booting from 'internal SRAM'?
> 2. At what address should I specify the RCHW and how will I specify it in
> the linker file?
>
> When I am loading the code in Internal SRAM using debugger and executing,
> the MCU is working properly. But I am not configuring the RCHW in the lcf
> file. I suspect that the debugger is itself configuring the MCU for proper
> operation (please correct me if I am wrong). Hence my worry is that the
> same code won't run when I load it in the internal Flash since it won't
> configure the MCU properly.
>
> Please provide your valuable comments. Thank you.

You can't boot from internal SRAM. You can boot from internal flash, or
the internal bootloader (for serial boot, CAN boot, etc., - I don't know
exactly which ones the MPC5566 supports), or from external memory. But
it doesn't make sense to boot from sram - there is no code in it at
power-on.

MPC5566 boot code matrix13 Embedded 10 05-29-2012 11:15 AM
Re: Can eieio PowerPC instruction be used on MPC5566? Didi Embedded 4 04-09-2008 05:28 AM
How to create ETPU micro code fault in the MPC5566 controller sree Embedded 1 03-30-2008 05:52 PM
How to Creation of RAM ECC error in the MPC5566 controler sree Embedded 0 03-30-2008 12:36 PM
Re: New IBM PowerPC chip uses Hypertransport? Paralyzed Ant Intel 0 06-29-2003 12:13 AM