Re: 2 problems with lenovov laptop TP R61

Tom Rutherford

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> First, how do I boot WinXP into safe mode?, I just get this thinkpad
> page that doesn't do the trick

Pounding on F8 doesn't get it done? I guess it's never occurred to me to
try getting into Safe Mode.

> Second, the trial MS office 2007 has expired, and the the options
> state I can activate the full version or uninstall the SW
>
> BUT:
> There is nothing on the add/remove progs list to UI office

Look under Start/Programs where the Office suite lives. That's the first
place to look for uninstall options, not in Add/Remove. Some
programs/suites may have special options or requirements not met by
Add/Remove. I only go to Add/Remove if there's no option in Start/Programs.

> I'd like to uninstall it and use an office siute of my own.

Always good to be able to do that. One of the first things I did when I got
my R51 series was to dump NAV. That did leave a few dingleberries that I
had to scrape off with the Norton Removal Tool, but Microsoft's demo
versions shouldn't be as sticky as Norton's. I think Symantec wants to make
Norton a new religion or something. :-)

> They never make it easy do they?

They don't seem to go out of their way to make it easy, that's for sure.

> Thanks

Hope what I offered was helpful.

"She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
(Reply-To address may be anti-spammed.)

Tom Rutherford

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Many thanks for your time and kind response

'Salright. Hope it helped.