Re: A7V333 Burn out....

Marc Freedman

I had three A7V333-R boards burn at the power supply for the front USB
connector. Each board lasted 3 months (almost to the day) of 24/7
operation. I now suspect the "fixed" USB connector that came with the
case. The positions of the wires in the connector did not match the
board pin-outs. Why it took 3 months to burn I don't know. I left the
connector off on the 3rd replacement and it has now gone 4 mo!

Marc

Chris wrote:
> I've had an ASUS A7V333, for just over a year
> with an XP1700 in it.
> All was good till friday...
> When with a smell of smoke it died.... :-(
> Now when I turn it on, the disks power up,
> but I get no screen activity.
> I don't know if it's the processor thats gone,
> or the board or both...
> No matter what I do I get no screen.
> Is there a way of contacting ASUS in the UK?
>
> The shop I bought it from Eclipse computers,
> I have found from previous experience has no
> techical support...
>
> Cheers
> Chris.

Chris

Definitley not the PSU. As green light still comes on etc.
Not Graphics card, cuz I've tried that in another machine...
When I plug it into speakers, it says
"System memory failure" or something of the kind.
Removing the memory changes nothing.

ASUS support in the UK is non existant practically.
:-(
Chris.

Marc Freedman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I had three A7V333-R boards burn at the power supply for the front USB
> connector. Each board lasted 3 months (almost to the day) of 24/7
> operation. I now suspect the "fixed" USB connector that came with the
> case. The positions of the wires in the connector did not match the
> board pin-outs. Why it took 3 months to burn I don't know. I left the
> connector off on the 3rd replacement and it has now gone 4 mo!
>
> Marc
>
> Chris wrote:
> > I've had an ASUS A7V333, for just over a year
> > with an XP1700 in it.
> > All was good till friday...
> > When with a smell of smoke it died.... :-(
> > Now when I turn it on, the disks power up,
> > but I get no screen activity.
> > I don't know if it's the processor thats gone,
> > or the board or both...
> > No matter what I do I get no screen.
> > Is there a way of contacting ASUS in the UK?
> >
> > The shop I bought it from Eclipse computers,
> > I have found from previous experience has no
> > techical support...
> >
> > Cheers
> > Chris.

Alt+F2 - Should this be used to burn new BIOS? *Vanguard* Abit 2 01-03-2004 07:06 AM
Re: ST6R & CPU Burn Jens C. Hansen [Odense] Abit 2 07-23-2003 06:11 PM
Re: ST6R & CPU Burn TomG Abit 3 07-23-2003 01:02 AM
Re: ST6R & CPU Burn Lee Abit 1 07-22-2003 02:55 PM
Re: Nebie Overcloker burn baby burn! Mr. Nangla AMD Overclocking 1 06-29-2003 10:38 PM