Re: abit boot problems

marco

Problem solved,

the cooling unit of the cpu wasn't properly connected.
Johan connected it and the pc boots.

At this moment i have a question:

what is a normal operation temperature for a cpu?

thank you for your reaction.

greetings Marco
TomG <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> you can always change the CMOS battery or clear the CMOS using the jumper.
> look for failing capacitors as well. look for dirt contamination it the
> heat sink or other areas of the pc. what type of board?
>
> --
>
> Thomas Geery
> Network+ certified
>
> ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
> ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
> This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
> over 115,000 FTP users served!
> ^^^^^^^
>

> "johan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > My brother has some problems with booting his pc.
> > The problems occured the last few days.
> > The hardware hasn't been changed lately thus i think its something

else??

> > with booting i saw the screen of udma highpoint all messed up and i
> > couldn't access the bios or boot from any drive.
> > The pc just hangs!!!!
> >
> > has someone an idea what to do??
> >
> > is changing the cmos battery an option?
> >

> > greetings Johan

TomG

"normal" depends on the cpu. P3's likes to be in the upper 20's to low 40's
(Centigrade) and of course, cooler is always better. P4's on the other hand
run a fair bit warmer reaching the 60 degree mark or low 60's under a load
and mid 40's at idle. those temps are typical and there are variations, of
course. I only ran one AMD, an XP 1800+ and it ran much like a P3 for me...

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com