Re: Advice needed: new laptop got wet from leaking roof

Mike W

discovered

dry

the

My concern if enough water got in to couse damage, the silicon crystals may
not remove it.

Compaq use to have an easy to open case, 4 screws along the base and some
tabs hold help hold and align. If I owned the unit, I would open it, look
for standing water, dump it out. Leave it open and have a fan blowing into
it for a day or longer. Take the battery out first.

Not confident enough to do that, find out how much it would cost for a
repair shop to do it. Opening the case really no more of a issue than
putting in a larger harddrive or new keyboard.