Re: AGP Lock on AU13?

Robert Akins

Hmmm. Well, I don't have an AU13, so I may not be any specific help.
However, most newer motherboards have the locking lever on the AGP slot (as
my MSI KT3 Ultra2 does). The lever works similar to the locking tabs on the
DIMM slots. The lever is supposed to be in the out position before
installing the card, and as you push the card down it pretty much clicks
into place (sometimes it needs a little help). The only time I've changed
video cards on my board it was just a matter of patience and gradually
pulling both ends of the video card and alternately pressing down on the
locking lever.
Robert
"John Schuler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> It's been a while since I put a system together, and I ran into some
> problems inserting the AGP video card into my AU13. First, there wasn't
> enough clearance to insert the card; I had to loosen all of the MB
> screws and then was able to insert the video card. Unfortunately one of
> the screws was directly under the now inserted video card. When I tried
> to remove the card, well, no go. Then I noticed the "tab" at the end of
> the AGP slot, and I then remembered some vague references to "AGP locks"
> when I was researching MBs. At the time I didn't know if the lock was a
> BIOS or physical lock or what.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the video card out now? Thanks in advance!

Is a 2x/4x AGP v.2.0 slot compatible with the AGP 4x/8x slot? In other words, are 2x/4x AGP compatioble with 4x/8x AGP Video Cards? NIV Consulting Tyan 1 06-06-2007 11:04 AM
lock slot on Dell 630m or XPS m140, for cable lock? chrisoc@westnet.com Laptops 0 05-18-2006 08:12 PM
Is there a P4S533 AGP/PCI lock > FSB 133 ?? N´far Asus 0 08-10-2004 09:36 AM
KD7-R AGP-PCI Lock Miller1236 Abit 0 06-06-2004 05:25 AM
A7N8X-E Deluxe can you lock the PCI and AGP bus ? We Live for the One we Die for the One Asus 1 06-05-2004 05:39 PM