Re: agp motherboard

Rodney Moore

dilbert firestorm wrote:
> anyone reccommend a agp 8x AMD motherboard with 5 slots?

I am going through this exercise for one of my systems (older).
You will need to decide which OS you are trying to target. If
you Win2K or newer, there are more choices. Intel is really
good on legacy support. You may want to look at the following
CWC web page:

http://www.cwc-group.com/motherboards.html

I really like Newegg.com; but, they tend to support the newer
socket types (not as much - AMD 939 or INTEL 478). Also, if you
have a really good "Geek Shop" near you you may be able to give
them the model number of a board you like and they can get it from
the distributer.