Re: Aspire 1703sc power supply problem diagnosis

William R. Walsh

Hi!

> Will the lap top run without the battery in.

Yes.

> Mine wont but there is power to the battery terminals from the
> external power supply. Is the battery required to complete the
> circuit?

No, all modern laptops can run from their power supplies with no battery
present.

You might try to get another power brick. The flashes coming from the power
LED sound like some attempt at reporting a failure. Since the power brick is
sometimes subjected to a hard life and runs hot without much ventilation,
it's worth trying to find or borrow one to confirm your diagnosis.

William