Re: ASUS Board suggestions

Foke

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:45:49 -0400, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I'm about to have a new computer built, using an i7 920 Intel processor. My
>current computer is six years old and has an ASUS board which I've been very
>happy with. The only thing I've ever had to do to it is replace the onboard
>battery last year, and that was pre-emptive as the battery wasn't even failing
>yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for an ASUS model for an i7 chip? I can
>never figure out what the differences are between the various boards. I'd like
>to stay under $200 if possible, but it's not absolutely necessary. And I'd like
>at least 8 USB ports and good onboard sound, as this will be the first time I'm
>going without a sound card in 18 years, at least for now. And lastly, I don't
>know how the RAM is configured, but I'd like to start with 8Gb and be able to
>expand when I can.Thanks.

You're starting out with the wrong processor. The I7 920 requires the
more expensive X58 chipset. Go with the I7 860 which beats the 920 in
terms of performance and runs on the less expensive P55 chipset.

A good Asus mobo for that processor is the P7P55D.

Re: ASUS Board suggestions KCB Asus 4 03-24-2010 06:11 AM
A7N8X Standard MB. Very unsatisfied with this board. Suggestions?? HELP I LOVE WALMART Asus 1 11-14-2005 07:42 AM
M/board suggestions, please. Kevin Lawton Epox 2 04-06-2004 04:07 PM
Need suggestions. Best Board right now from Asus Newf !!! Asus 5 11-02-2003 08:25 PM
Need Help: Suggestions for Best p4 board today??? Newf !!! Abit 6 11-02-2003 01:13 AM