Re: asus mb and asus video card..asus or ati drivers?

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) m Ant
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 12/29/2010 6:38 AM PT, dave typed:
>
>> Asus P6X58D Mb and Asus EAH5870 video card.
>> This is a fresh install of Win7 for gaming and
>> multimedia. I was wondering which brand of
>> drivers I should use. That would be 10.11 Ati
>> or 8782 for Asus.

> ATI's for more recent updates. Does ASUS' update often? Try ATI's
> first. If problems, then you can try ASUS'.

ASUS often adds features to their cards that are only supported by the
ASUS version of the driver.

On the other hand, I had video problems on my old system with an ASUS
NVIDIA card that were caused by the ASUS driver and were fixed when I
switched to the stock driver, giving up those features (that I never
used and don't even remember).

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)