Re: ASUS owns ASRock - Any ASRock users in here?

Rat River Cemetary

Sam wrote:
> Are you satisfied with your board?

I have Asrock DUAL-SATA2 and Asus P5K. Asrock has been stable for me.
The Asrock mb I have was very popular back in its day because it
supports both AGP and PCI-E. I've used both types of video cards in it
with no issues. I'm typing this to you from that PC right now and I have
Vista installed on it.

Dave Seven

Sam wrote:

> It's good to know that most are satisfied. I recently purchased the same MB
> as yours and I'm in a jam. Unknowingly I purchased a XFX 8600GT thinking all
> I had to be concern with is the chipset. (It's on the road, can't cancel) I
> didn't realize that manufacturers were also a factor to consider. ASRock
> said that they don't guarantee the board will work with any XFX or others
> that are not listed on their site. I'm trying to decide whether I should try
> the card anyway or send it back un-open so I don't get charged with a
> re-stocking fee. Google hasn't been any help except one person was able to
> get (I think) an EVGA working with some tweaking. Have you tried any cards
> outside the list that worked?

That video card won't be a problem. I use a Galaxy 8800GT on the same
motherboard. Is that listed as compatible on their site? All Nvidia GPU
cards are pretty much the same except the HSF and color may be different
and the amount of clock and memory speeds can be different. They use
various ram manufacturers too but that won't affect compatibility with a mb.

Dave Seven

Sam wrote:

> In case anyone was wondering, it works great.

Good.