Re: ATI and Physx?

Benjamin Gawert

Am 22.02.2010 19:13, * Carl:

> If you've got Windows 7, you should be able to use the nvidia card for
> PhysX, according to the link above, and perhaps get a new ATI card, and
> have a blast at the new Eyefinity setup? I had the standalone PhysX
> card, and all it seemed to do was overheat!

Not anymore. Nvidia in its great wisdom has implemented a check for an
ATI card in their drivers which if an ATI card is present disables
PhysX/CUDA.

Benjamin

Boris Badenov

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

> Not anymore. Nvidia in its great wisdom has implemented a check for an
> ATI card in their drivers which if an ATI card is present disables
> PhysX/CUDA.

Yes, but you can get hacked drivers that remove that check. I downloaded
them but never got around to installing them because I don't think the
hassle is worth what I will gain.