Re: Catalyst 9.6 vs. Catalyst 9.7

DRS

"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> 6% boost in Crysis at the highest setting, otherwise nothing
> remarkable, at least in the games they tested. Text is in German.
> http://news.ati-forum.de/index.php/t...vs-catalyst-97

The dickheads disabled display rotation in 9.7. Back to 9.6 it is.

DRS

"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> "DRS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4a69b944$0$9731$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> 6% boost in Crysis at the highest setting, otherwise nothing
>>> remarkable, at least in the games they tested. Text is in German.
>>> http://news.ati-forum.de/index.php/t...vs-catalyst-97

>> The dickheads disabled display rotation in 9.7. Back to 9.6 it is.

> There's a rotation drop-down menu in Anand's review (last picture).
> http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3609

OK...

I uninstalled 9.6 first using the ATI Software uninstall utility and then
wiping out the dregs with Driver Cleaner Pro before rebooting. I installed
CCC 9.7 then rebooted, 9.9 Avivo then rebooted, 9.6 HDMI Audio then
rebooted.

Yet my CCC interface looks identical to 9.6 and nothing like the new one.

I hate it when ATI upgrades **** up, not least because all the reboots make
the process ridiculously time consuming.

DRS

"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> "DRS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4a6bf0bb$0$9755$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yet my CCC interface looks identical to 9.6 and nothing like the new
>> one. I hate it when ATI upgrades **** up, not least because all the
>> reboots make the process ridiculously time consuming.

> Do you use XP? From the Catalyst 9.7 release notes:
>
> "The new ATI Catalyst Control Center is supported under Windows 7 and
> Windows Vista"

I use XP Pro SP3. I downloaded CCC 9.7 from the XP 32-bit link on ATI's web
site. The file name is 9-7_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe. If you check a little
higher on page 4 of the 9.7 release notes you'll see the sundry flavours of
XP in the supported list.

Be that as it may, I've installed it three times and no new interface. Oh,
but rotation support does seem to reactivate some minutes after booting.

DRS

"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> You are not doing anything wrong. The line in the release notes is the
> polite way of saying XP users don't get the new UI in CCC.

ATI support seems to think it does. I've just been through a multiple email
exchange with them, culminating in my sending them a few different system
reports which got escalated (and very quickly abandoned with the advice to