Re: Chaintech CT-7NJL6 Locks up

Guy

Before you go blow cash on more new hardware, let's make sure all you
motherboard BIOS settings are stable.

Can you access BIOS? You will need to go through your manual
basically between pages 7 and 33, and verify settings.

Plan on clearing your CMOS (page 14) first to reset your system

Verify your JP3 jumper is on pins 1 and 2 (page 15)

This board defaults to a PCI video card (page 22).

Check your boot sequence and make sure it supports what you are tryin
to do (page 23)

Are you booting to the XP cd, or trying to install over what yo
already have

Also, your SATA setup concerns me. Is that a Maxtor drive and did yo
have it set up as SATA previously?

Also, it is odd but the single most common failure for me when
upgrade is the CD-ROM drive. I lose one every time I upgrade (bu
this is anecdotal, not scientific).

I am sure at least two other very qualified people will post soon. I
might take a couple of days to troubleshoot, so hang in there