Re: Chaintech CT-7NJL6 Locks up

thedreaming

> Guywrote
Try switching the IDE drive to the IDE 1 channel (instead of IDE 0)
and see if you can boot to the SATA drive.

> Good Luck

I got a lockup when I was just running the 30g maxtor last night.
also got a lockup with only the 160g maxtor SATA and I got a locku
with both 30g and 160g together regardless of which port they wer
in, but I did manage to get the system not to lockup with bot
drives, but since I wanted to phase out the 30g, I only have the 160
maxtor SATA in SATA1 for now.

I had to dial back the FSB from 166 to 133 which to me means that m
cpu needs to be replaced. It's the same cpu I used on my previou
board and I got the same type of lockup with that one two and righ
now the only things that are old is the cpu, it's heatsink/fan an
the power supply

Should I try other things first before shelling out the money for
new cpu or just bite the bullet and upgrade to something a littl
faster

Can an amd athlon xp 3000+ and a 1g of pc2700 get along or do I hav
to upgrade the memory too