Re: detecting lcd manufacturer

[6400] Brian Baldersbaek

Hi Andy.

To my knowledge, I don't think that's possible.
I'd never seen such software.

It's actually not that complicated to disassemble your notebook's screen.
Maybe you could research a bit.
For instance, at IBM you can download a socalled Hardware Maintainence
Manual for each notebookmodel or notebook"family".
This gives good advice to disassemble your notebook.

Maybe the manufactor of your notebook have something like that.
No matter what....this kind of documentation gives you deeper knowledge of
your notebook and that could come to your rescue one day.

If you still don't have the guts to do so.....maybe you could work it
another way around.
On Ebay you could be lucky to see precisely the type of LCD, that's in your
notebook, be on auction.
Maybe you can see a picture of it.....maybe even a clear/sharp one....and
maybe you can determine the manufactor in that way.
Maybe the manufactor is mentioned in the auction itself.

That's my best offer...... :-)

Good luck
Brian.

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bd6ulj$9ke$(E-Mail Removed)...
> does someone out there know of a tool (software) that would be able to

tell