Re: EASY TUNE 6

Kris

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 08:59:04 -0500, Ultra97 wrote:

> I've installed a GA-EP45-UD3R board, system runs fine.
>
> For some reason I cannot get Easy Tune 6 to start.
>
> I've downloaded the latest version, installed and reinstalled it several
> times.
>
> The symptom is: when I try to launch it, there is HD activity, but nothing
> else.
>
> System is trouble free otherwise.
>
> Yes, I realize there are criticisms of Easy Tune, but I want it for
> informational purposes.
>
> Anyone have any tips on what might be preventing this utility from
> launching?
>
> Looking at the startup programs, it does have a program that launches on
> startup but that isn't the main ET6 program. No other startup programs.
>
> TIA
>

> GA-EP45-UD3R
> Wolfdale E7400 w/ stock settings
> 4g OCZ Memory
> Vista 32 w/ SP1
> Latest BIOS f6

when I was up at the sites a couple of days ago I noticed a bios F8F beta
to fix easytune messages. I currently have no interest in easytune, but I
flashed to it (Q-flash using a USB flash dongle smemory stick), some other
probs occurred, so I backed off to f7. (I doubt my probs had anything to do
with the F8F, but rather my wrong settings as I OC and got the memory stuff
wrong a few times and Win produced wierdnesses (so I corrected the BIOS
settings and restored an earlier Acronis TI image and all is well.) (I am
in the habit of checking both the tw and usa sites as they are sometimes
out of sync for downloads - especially BIOS flashes.

I tried easytune a few months back when I got the board, but it would start
for me, as I recall - but then I forget - did it crash the system when I
tried to change something or what, but for some reason i stopped using it.
(That was on Vista)

But I doubt the BIOS is your problem. Maybe AV or firewall or something?
Just guessing. fire up task mgr and see what it looks like as easytune is
starting.

Good luck with it!.

Love this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the maturity of the BIOS in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Kris

Kris

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 19:33:16 -0500, Ultra97 wrote:

> [...]

>> settings and restored an earlier Acronis TI image and all is well.) (I am
>> in the habit of checking both the tw and usa sites as they are sometimes
>> out of sync for downloads - especially BIOS flashes.
>>
>> I tried easytune a few months back when I got the board, but it would
>> start
>> for me, as I recall - but then I forget - did it crash the system when I
>> tried to change something or what, but for some reason i stopped using it.
>> (That was on Vista)
>>
>> But I doubt the BIOS is your problem. Maybe AV or firewall or something?
>> Just guessing. fire up task mgr and see what it looks like as easytune is
>> starting.
>>
>> Good luck with it!.
>>
>> Love this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> Love the maturity of the BIOS in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great - glad you got it!

yeah, in MIT, I set auto,9,0.5,enabled,390,100,disa. trial and error to
get to 390! I think it will go up to 398 or so.
But then I had to watch DRAM that it didn't go too high - I now set :
standard,disa,latch=266,mult=3.00A, simply because this gives me (1066
1170) where the second number is less than the max speed on my memory,
which is about 1198 or so. if it's too high, it will simply try to start,
fail, and then restart with lowered settings, though it seems to leave what
you put into MIT the same - it just isn't using them if it rebooted because
it failed. it's a very nice BIOS. I leave all voltages set to auto as I
discovered that it actually uses a slightly higher voltage for vcore than I
would have and is more stable.
Good luck!
--
Kris

Easy Tune 4 mode settings??? cyclone Gigabyte 0 07-05-2004 11:41 AM
Easy Tune 4 with Windows 2003? singha_lvr Gigabyte 1 12-28-2003 01:00 AM
easy tune 4 Matthew Jones Gigabyte 1 12-24-2003 02:57 PM
easy tune 4 Hervey Cleckley Gigabyte 4 12-23-2003 04:51 AM
How do you get the Easy Tune to work ? JDcluster Gigabyte 0 09-30-2003 02:32 AM