Re: Embedded Basic interpreter recommendations?

-jg

> My intended target is the STM32 which probably has enough RAM for small
> programs. *My intent is to create an embedded controller board with a serial
> port that will expose a Basic interpreter/monitor to a terminal emulator.
> The user will be able to interactively enter numbered program lines,
> save/load the program to/from flash, execute the program, and run Basic
> commands in immediate mode (non-numbered lines). *It's meant to be a tool
> for interactive experimentation of embedded concepts by non-programmer
> types. *I suppose it's much like a Basic Stamp.

If this uses a Terminal, then another angle would be something like
the
original TurboPascal, which IIRC was just 39K for compiler+editor.
Of course, that was mostly x86 ASM, and not open source, but
does give a performance/size reference point.

-jg