Re: Embedded Basic interpreter recommendations?

-jg

On Apr 8, 11:10*pm, "rtestardi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> StickOS BASIC allows you to define "pin variables" that are bound to pins
> that can be configured for digital I/O, analog I/O, frequency or servo
> output, etc., and then as you examine or manipulate those variables, the
> pins are correspondingly affected. *You can manipulate pins and peripherals
> interactively at the command line as well as programmatically in a BASIC
> program.
>
> Full details on StickOS (and downloads for 11 MCUs, from 8-bit to 32-bit)
> are on the web at:http://www.cpustick.com/index.htm

Interesting package
It says free download, and does not mention restrictions ?

Is this compatible with any PC Basics,
(eg FreeBASIC, or OpenOffice.org Basic, which has a nice IDE )

- that would allow users to test algorithms in a PC environment, and
code
a PC end in a similar language...
-jg

-jg

On Apr 9, 2:42*pm, "rtestardi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Feedback would definitely be appreciated, though, if you do anything
> significant with it -- it is still changing radically month-to-month, with
> new ports all the time (it's now a toss-up between PIC24 and STM32 for the
> next one).

One suggestion would be to add a SIZE column to your MCU's page ?

Be interesting to see how large the StickOS is, on the various cores
(or two Size columns, if there is a minimalist / full feature option?)

> >Is this compatible with any PC Basics,

> You can run it on your PC just by loading up the StickOS for Windows
> software simulation from the Downloads page -- that's how we do all our
> automated testing, so it's a fine way to test algorithms, etc. *Obviously
> pin and peripheral functionality doesn't work on the PC -- it's a very
> simple port of the guts of the BASIC.

Perhaps some 'pins' could be added via the parallel port ?
Does that PC simulation include Step/Watch debug features ?

-jg