Re: Fanless (passive) video card

Paul

Jim wrote:
> I'm after the best fanless (passive) video card I can get to go in my new
> MSI GD65 motherboard, I'm not much of a gamer so passive if fine for me.
> Nowadays they all see to come with fans, so does anyone know last card that
> came with heatsink only, I know I'm in nvidia group but also asking the same
> question in ati group as once I know latest nvidia & ait then I can work out
> which would be best, hope my post makes some sense

I assume the motherboard model is P55-GD65 ? (PCI Express)

You can search using the Newegg video card advanced search, and specify
"no fan". That will speed up your search a bit. Here is a 9400GT for
example, without a fan.

This would be an example at the other extreme. A fanless 9800GT card for $130.
I might place a case fan next to this, to keep the temperature down.

Paul

Junior Member

shut the f u c k up