Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

Michael Moser

I installed the NTTP bridge suggested at the provided URL but Oonly
one of the about 20 forums I used to monitor seem available via that
mechanism.

I hate reading forums via a browser! No matter, what browser one uses,
that kind of access is always slower and more cumbersome than with any
decent news reader... I really don't get, why MS had to change that!

Michael

Rainald Taesler

Michael Moser wrote:
> I installed the NTTP bridge suggested at the provided URL but Oonly
> one of the about 20 forums I used to monitor seem available via that
> mechanism.

There are *two* bridges from MS - one for the "Answers" forums [1] and
one for the rest (MSDN, Technet)[2].
Which one do you use?

And there is a third "bridge" created by the MVP J. Kalmbach [1]
This works with both forum areas.

I don't have problems with any of the three.

> I hate reading forums via a browser! No matter, what browser one uses,
> that kind of access is always slower and more cumbersome than with any
> decent news reader...

Me too!
It's too bad.

> I really don't get, why MS had to change that!

I do not like MS' decision at all.
AFAICS they just wanted to concentrate things.
And someway it's understandable: If we like it or not, NGs by the time
have become a yesterday's medium {siiigh}.

Rainald
[1] Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge V1.zip
https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/Downloads
[2] MicrosoftForumsNNTPBridgeV1_1.zip
https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/Downloads
[3] http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/