Re: Gateway MX6625

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
garcia1615 typed on Mon, 18 May 2009 18:04:47 -0500:
> My laptop crashed so i used my recovery disk and got it up and running
> again but now it does not recognize blank DVDs as DVDs it thinks they
> are CDs and it wont let me burn anything on to them because of this i
> looked on the the recovery disk itself to see if there was any drivers
> that didnt make it onto my laptop but this was not the case so then i
> went to the gateway website and looked there and with no luck if any
> one could help me out i would be forever greatful
>
> Gateway MX6625
> Windows XP Home SP3

Did your laptop come with Nero to burn DVDs? Does Nero see it as a DVD
burner? Under Device Manager, what drivers is it using? Like mine is
using the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\storprop.dll

These are stock generic Microsoft CD/DVD drivers. Most systems I see
uses them.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2