Re: Good or Bad experience buying refurbished laptop?

gintopault@gmail.com

Hi Daniel,
I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working fine till now. So according to my experience i'm suggesting buying a refurbished laptop is fine.
Consider other brands also like dell etc. One thing you have to keep in mind that to ask warranty and service after sales. There are many good computer stores are there like http://www.merkamericaco.com/ etc. Good Luck.

Don Phillipson

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working fine till now.
> So according to my
> experience i'm suggesting buying a refurbished laptop is fine.
> Consider other brands also like dell etc. One thing you have to keep in
> mind that to
> ask warranty and service after sales.

Beware Gateway. This (generally good) brand refurbishes laptops
and then markets them through resellers. Retail buyers may register
ownership with Gateway (as preinstalled software suggests) and
later find that Gateway provides no warranty or service.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

BillW50

On 7/19/2012 8:36 AM, Don Phillipson wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working fine till now.
>> So according to my
>> experience i'm suggesting buying a refurbished laptop is fine.
>> Consider other brands also like dell etc. One thing you have to keep in
>> mind that to
>> ask warranty and service after sales.

> Beware Gateway. This (generally good) brand refurbishes laptops
> and then markets them through resellers. Retail buyers may register
> ownership with Gateway (as preinstalled software suggests) and
> later find that Gateway provides no warranty or service.

All of the manufactures unload refurbs through discount stores and offer
no warranty. Dell even sued TigerDirect over this issue.

http://www.channelinsider.com/c/a/De...Direct-295851/

And let's say you bought a brand new computer with a Seagate drive. And
let's say the drive failed. Seagate won't honor the warranty. They say
the computer manufacture is responsible for the warranty. Seagate like
others will only honor retail drives and not OEM drives.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v12

Michael Black

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi Daniel, I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working
> fine till now. So according to my experience i'm suggesting buying a
> refurbished laptop is fine. Consider other brands also like dell etc.
> One thing you have to keep in mind that to ask warranty and service
> after sales. There are many good computer stores are there like

Chances are good this is spam. The original post is from March 2002.
Another idiot responding to an old post via google.

But the very wording, and the pointer to a website, suggests this guy is
hoping to lure some business his way.

Michael