Re: HD3850 AGP

Hubert H.P. Wachter

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:20:12 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.
>
>I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
>capable of using this software.

You need to use this:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

Mark West

Hubert H.P. Wachter wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:20:12 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.
>>
>> I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
>> capable of using this software.

> You need to use this:
> http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

Agreed, hotfix drivers only.

I'm sticking with 9.3 though; much better all-round performance with
this version on my (X2 4800+) system when compared to later 9.x releases.

Mark

Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 18:18:59 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Hubert H.P. Wachter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:20:12 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Should CCC 9.8 work with the HD3850 AGP card.
>>>
>>>I have 9.6 running but when I tried upgrading it said I have no hardware
>>>capable of using this software.

>> You need to use this:
>> http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...AGPHotfix.aspx

>unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680 x
>1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...

Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
desktop?

--
The Zero ST

Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:41:55 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Craig Coope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 18:18:59 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Hubert H.P. Wachter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680
>>>1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...
>>>

>> Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
>> desktop?
>>
>> --
>> The Zero ST

>when I have 1680x1050 set I have to scroll the screen left and right to see
>all the screen. Samsung recently replaced the panel under warranty and the
>replacement, though 1 month newer than the old, is lacking the latest
>firmware. Samsung are due to replace it or give me a brand new one.

I have a SyncMaster 226BW 22" and suffered from the same problem.
Installing drivers didn't help. It seems the monitor doesn't send the
EDID needed. I spent days trying to sort it and then managed to using
ATI's CCC. There is a setting with loads of "supported" resolutions*
or something. I seem to remember it was greyed out at first so I had
to manually pick my resolution and it forced my monitor to take it.

I don't have CCC installed anymore so I can't point you in the right
place but I'm very sure you have the same problem I had.

*and I don't mean on the usual select screen resolution screen.

--
The Zero ST

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Kurt Ayrez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Craig Coope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 18:18:59 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Hubert H.P. Wachter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>unfortunately it will not cure my monitors lack of ability in setting 1680
>>>1050 so I will wait until Samsung sort out the problem...
>>>

>> Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
>> desktop?
>>
>> --
>> The Zero ST

>when I have 1680x1050 set I have to scroll the screen left and right to see
>all the screen. Samsung recently replaced the panel under warranty and the
>replacement, though 1 month newer than the old, is lacking the latest
>firmware. Samsung are due to replace it or give me a brand new one.

Are you using DVI or VGA ports on the monitor. You need to use the native
resolution that your monitor is designed for. What model is it? My Acer 24"
demands 1920-1200

Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:10:38 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)
(GMAN) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Kurt Ayrez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>"Craig Coope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Let me guess....When you have this setting it scrolls about your
>>> desktop?
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Zero ST

>>when I have 1680x1050 set I have to scroll the screen left and right to see
>>all the screen. Samsung recently replaced the panel under warranty and the
>>replacement, though 1 month newer than the old, is lacking the latest
>>firmware. Samsung are due to replace it or give me a brand new one.
>>

>Are you using DVI or VGA ports on the monitor. You need to use the native
>resolution that your monitor is designed for. What model is it? My Acer 24"
>demands 1920-1200

I don't think that's his problem....If he used a non-native res it'll
still display without scrolling left and right but it'll look blurry
and awful...

--
The Zero ST

Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:21:31 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Craig Coope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:41:55 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Craig Coope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>when I have 1680x1050 set I have to scroll the screen left and right to
>>>see
>>>all the screen. Samsung recently replaced the panel under warranty and the
>>>replacement, though 1 month newer than the old, is lacking the latest
>>>firmware. Samsung are due to replace it or give me a brand new one.
>>>

>> I have a SyncMaster 226BW 22" and suffered from the same problem.
>> Installing drivers didn't help. It seems the monitor doesn't send the
>> EDID needed. I spent days trying to sort it and then managed to using
>> ATI's CCC. There is a setting with loads of "supported" resolutions*
>> or something. I seem to remember it was greyed out at first so I had
>> to manually pick my resolution and it forced my monitor to take it.
>>
>> I don't have CCC installed anymore so I can't point you in the right
>> place but I'm very sure you have the same problem I had.
>>
>> *and I don't mean on the usual select screen resolution screen.
>>
>> --
>> The Zero ST

>CCC stops at 1600 x 1200 which it reads from the EDID as you say. Loading
>the Samsung software that came with the monitor 1680 x 1050 is available in
>Windoz display properties. Once 1680 x 1050 is set here it then appears in
>CCC. Using Force makes absolutely no difference. There are ways of patching
>the EDID by overwriting the EPROM's but that would invalidate my warranty.
>Samsung have it all in hand and CS are due back to me next week. Its the 4th
>monitor under my 3 year warranty and the engineer stated he thought they
>would provide me a new one instead of refurbished. This is because they
>don't know which of the referbs have the correct EDID firmware.

Well the 1600 x 1200 max rings a very loud bell for me.

I'm pretty sure if was this screen...
http://img187.imageshack.us/i/ccc2dl...i%20ccc%20edid

Uncheck the EDID and select the max resolution there? If not then it
deffo a drop down menu like that. It may be in Displays Manager.

I guess if you're getting it swapped it's not that big an issue. I
just *know* it could be sorted before then. Oh well!

--
The Zero ST

Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:51:37 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Well the 1600 x 1200 max rings a very loud bell for me.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure if was this screen...
>> http://img187.imageshack.us/i/ccc2dl...i%20ccc%20edid
>>
>> Uncheck the EDID and select the max resolution there? If not then it
>> deffo a drop down menu like that. It may be in Displays Manager.
>>
>> I guess if you're getting it swapped it's not that big an issue. I
>> just *know* it could be sorted before then. Oh well!
>>
>> --
>> The Zero ST

>what version on CCC is that, mine (9.6) does not look the same.

I'm not sure...I just found that screen grab online. Mine didn't look
like that either. I'm sure my CCC was grey and not white.

All I remember is the setting was on the same window as the EDID stuff
and I'm pretty sure I had to check or uncheck a box and then select
the resolution myself. I'm sure it is the same as the picture I posted
because it would make total sense. Your monitor now is displaying 1680
x 1050 on a resolution of 1600 x 1200 because CCC doesn't know your
monitor can do 1680.

--
The Zero ST

Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:06:43 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Craig Coope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>>what version on CCC is that, mine (9.6) does not look the same.

>> I'm not sure...I just found that screen grab online. Mine didn't look
>> like that either. I'm sure my CCC was grey and not white.
>>
>> All I remember is the setting was on the same window as the EDID stuff
>> and I'm pretty sure I had to check or uncheck a box and then select
>> the resolution myself. I'm sure it is the same as the picture I posted
>> because it would make total sense. Your monitor now is displaying 1680
>> x 1050 on a resolution of 1600 x 1200 because CCC doesn't know your
>> monitor can do 1680.
>>
>> --
>> The Zero ST

>It transpires the settings you show are for the VGA port. I and it appears a
>few thousand others are having the res problem when using the DVI port.
>Bloody odd cos my last monitor had no problems whatsoever and it was the
>same model but one month older.

The screengrab is probalby for VGA but the one I used myself wasn't
because I have never used VGA to connect to the monitor. Do you have a
Samsung?

--
The Zero ST

Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:17:44 +0100, Craig Coope
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:06:43 +0100, "Kurt Ayrez"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Craig Coope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> I'm not sure...I just found that screen grab online. Mine didn't look
>>> like that either. I'm sure my CCC was grey and not white.
>>>
>>> All I remember is the setting was on the same window as the EDID stuff
>>> and I'm pretty sure I had to check or uncheck a box and then select
>>> the resolution myself. I'm sure it is the same as the picture I posted
>>> because it would make total sense. Your monitor now is displaying 1680
>>> x 1050 on a resolution of 1600 x 1200 because CCC doesn't know your
>>> monitor can do 1680.
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Zero ST

>>It transpires the settings you show are for the VGA port. I and it appears a
>>few thousand others are having the res problem when using the DVI port.
>>Bloody odd cos my last monitor had no problems whatsoever and it was the
>>same model but one month older.
>>

>The screengrab is probalby for VGA but the one I used myself wasn't
>because I have never used VGA to connect to the monitor. Do you have a
>Samsung?

Duhh.....sorry...Obviously you have.

--
The Zero ST

Re: Sapphire HD3850 AGP DrTeeth ATI 0 07-09-2009 06:55 PM
Re: Sapphire HD3850 AGP Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B) ATI 0 07-09-2009 09:28 AM
Sapphire Radeon HD3850 512MB (AGP) Mark West ATI 6 07-22-2008 07:14 PM
HD3850 AGP announced: First of One Nvidia 3 01-06-2008 07:16 PM
Sapphire HD3850 AGP Announced First of One ATI 4 01-06-2008 05:55 PM