Re: Help with motherboard choice?

pokey man

try foxconn a79a-s w/790fx /750SB or the gx with onboard grafix AMD3800

http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?Pagecode=1|MBAM&Item_code=MBAM_ FXCO_A7_AS

or

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?f...d_no=1740#menu

or

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/produc...D=en-us0000401

MSI board has 8 SATA

POKEYMAN

"Zootal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I didn't see any AMD compatible boards - looks like Supermicro makes Intel
> cpu only boards?
>
> "DER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > I've never built a 2U Chassis system, but I do have a home server

running
> > Server 2003. I've used Supermicro boards for a number of years now, and
> > feel they are about the best on the market. Go to www.supermicro.com

and
> > look around you could spend hours looking at just their server boards.
> > ...but then any board "can" be used as a server platform. Supermicro

has
> > lot of "lower end" boards many with built in graphics. For a server all
> > you
> > need is a 2D desktop for management. You can go to
> > http://www.acmemicro.com/estore/ to buy Supermicro products, or use
> > Newegg.com...they have a lot of SM stuff. It's just that Acmemicro has
> > EVERYTHING that SM makes. You can still get a few P4 server boards
> > there...I know, I have one.

pokey man

wow i agree, i am now eyeing an MSI board with 8 sata (6 from SB750 and 2
from Jmicron chip) and 1 esata and the 2 rj45 jacks spdif etc... will be
looking at reviews soon will let ya know if i buy.

Pokeyman

"Zootal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I'm actually running an A79A-S right now. When my last Asus board croaked
> several months ago, I went out and bought the FoxConn board. I used to

boast
> that I've never lost an Asus board. My CUSL2 lasted for over ten years.

Now,
> every Asus board I've bought in the last year or two have all died, while

my
> PCChips and FoxConn boards are still running.
>
> What burns me is that I spent about $250 each on my M3A32-MVPs, and they
> have all gone bad. They come with a 3 year warranty and so I could

probably