Re: Hp fax manager

Ben Myers

And the version of Vista on your wife's PC is??? ... Ben Myers

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:02:10 -0500, mike0856 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a hp officejet j6480 on my network. My wife and I both use Vista.
>She can fax directly from her pc. I cannot. I get the following error
>message Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxManager Object. It is in a window from
>the file hposfx08. I had another hp machine the 6310 which gave me the
>same exact error message. Can anyone advise how to fix this. Ive
>narrowed it down I believe to a Vista home issue

Ben Myers

Beats me. Vista beats me almost every time. Does the HP fax manager for the
beast support networked use? is this a network problem? HP has long been
pretty notorious for not allowing sharing easy use of its printers, scanners and
faxes on a network, especially its budget-priced SOHO-home models. After all,
who in a home or small office would ever need to share these devices? And if
sharing was a hard requirement, one could always buy a more expensive model.

Of course, that was before Windows 2000 and XP made sharing easier... Ben Myers

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:17:32 -0500, mike0856 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Both pcs use Vista home premium sp1

RKS Fax - Fax Software for Windows RAJINI Embedded 1 07-23-2008 04:10 PM
Ricoh Fax katiekay24@yahoo.com Abit 1 02-08-2006 08:10 PM
Apple fax stuck on "preparing fax" Tim Murray Apple 4 01-02-2005 01:08 AM
No puedo recibir fax Mortadelo Asus 0 10-26-2004 08:44 PM
Fax-modem problem Pawel Kosmeda Asus 1 10-25-2004 07:53 PM