Re: IBM T42 Thinkpad Output Voltage on battery pins

CBFalconer

Pete Ricksecker wrote:

> Anyone know what the output voltage should be on the batter pins
> of an IBM T42 Thinkpad?
>
> Have tried two batteries, one sold as tested good. Neither will
> charge.

Please don't multi-post. A cross-post gets the same exposure, but
avoids reading multiple times, and multiple transmissions. See
what I did to this one.

Try the download section.

Horst Franke

In news:(E-Mail Removed) m Pete Ricksecker
wrote:

> WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is everyone crazy here? Just trying to get an
> answere to a question and get all this BS!

No Pete,
but you may have looked by yourself on the Lenovo/IBM pages!
Horst

wrote:

> Horst Franke wrote:
>> No Pete,
>> but you may have looked by yourself on the Lenovo/IBM pages!
>> Horst

> I did! Zip, Zilch, Nada. Need I say more. Have you ever seen
> IBM/Lenovo post any technical data such as motherboard schematics?

Oh yes! Lenovo overtook the IBM pages!
And there are lots of technical data - e.g for the T42:

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...s&en=utf&q=T42
with about 2173 hits.

There are batteries at "10,8 V DC output" with 6 or 9 cells versions.
You should take the Lenovo/IBM FRU (partnumber) and look for compatibles.

But may be you only asked for the output voltage of 10,8 V DC? See
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-50071

Horst