Re: What kind of 2.5" HD adapter do I need?

M.I.5

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I need
> some kind of adapter to connect it to my desktop (my desktop have SATA
> and IDE drives) to clone the old HD to a new one.
> It says my disk is SATA Serial - but I see it is not regular SATA
> adapter.
> Here are pictures of my HD:
> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test1.jpg
> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test3.jpg
> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test4.jpg
>
> Any idea what kind adapter do I need?

The connector shown in your third link is an adapter. It either just pulls
off or requires the removal of a screw from each end (you photo didn't quite
inlcude enough).

Once the adapter is removed, the disc drive will have a standard SATA
interface connector on it and any SATA adapter will work.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs M.I.5 wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I
>> need some kind of adapter to connect it to my desktop (my desktop
>> have SATA and IDE drives) to clone the old HD to a new one.
>> It says my disk is SATA Serial - but I see it is not regular SATA
>> adapter.
>> Here are pictures of my HD:
>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test1.jpg
>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test3.jpg
>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test4.jpg
>>
>> Any idea what kind adapter do I need?
>>

> The connector shown in your third link is an adapter. It either just
> pulls off or requires the removal of a screw from each end (you photo
> didn't quite inlcude enough).
>
> Once the adapter is removed, the disc drive will have a standard SATA
> interface connector on it and any SATA adapter will work.

He means any SATA HDD should work (with the adapter fitted). ;-)
--
Shaun.

M.I.5

news:hj2rub$jeu$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs M.I.5 wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I
>>> need some kind of adapter to connect it to my desktop (my desktop
>>> have SATA and IDE drives) to clone the old HD to a new one.
>>> It says my disk is SATA Serial - but I see it is not regular SATA
>>> adapter.
>>> Here are pictures of my HD:
>>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test1.jpg
>>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test3.jpg
>>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...s/HP-test4.jpg
>>>
>>> Any idea what kind adapter do I need?
>>>

>> The connector shown in your third link is an adapter. It either just
>> pulls off or requires the removal of a screw from each end (you photo
>> didn't quite inlcude enough).
>>
>> Once the adapter is removed, the disc drive will have a standard SATA
>> interface connector on it and any SATA adapter will work.

> He means any SATA HDD should work (with the adapter fitted). ;-)

The OP stated that he wished to connect the removed drive to his desktop, so
I meant exactly what I said.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs M.I.5 wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hj2rub$jeu$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs M.I.5 wrote:
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> The connector shown in your third link is an adapter. It either
>>> just pulls off or requires the removal of a screw from each end
>>> (you photo didn't quite inlcude enough).
>>>
>>> Once the adapter is removed, the disc drive will have a standard
>>> SATA interface connector on it and any SATA adapter will work.

>> He means any SATA HDD should work (with the adapter fitted). ;-)

> The OP stated that he wished to connect the removed drive to his
> desktop, so I meant exactly what I said.

My bad. When you wrote "SATA adapter" (I would have said "SATA cable" as
nothing needs to be 'adapted',) I thought you were talking the other way....
--
Shaun.