Re: Lenovo Thinkpad R32 Modem????

John Navas

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:06:44 -1000, Joseph Fenn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in <(E-Mail Removed) et>:

>I wonder if my Thinkpad R32 has abuilt in modem or not. I dont use
>it yet on the interenet, and I dont have a manual so dont know for
>sure. There is a slot for some kind of a card on the Left side just
>behind the Ph and MIC jacks but its empty. I assume it would have
>a modem internal somewhere if I can find a telco plug to plug
>into the backside of the laptop. It has what appears to be a regular
>telco type plug receptacle on the back of the computer which leads
>me to think there is a modem somwhere in it.

1. Check the configuration of your exact model on the Lenovo web site.
2. Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual & check your configuration.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

Ernie B.

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:06:40 -1000 Joseph Fenn wrote:

> > 1. Check the configuration of your exact model on the Lenovo web site.
> > 2. Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual & check your configuration.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>
> >

> John,
> I tried that url and it says unable to connect to it so must be
> invalid
> Joe

I connected to it with no problems.
--
Ernie B.

Communication: The art of moving an idea from one mind to another, hopefully
without distortion.

John Navas

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:37:38 GMT, Ernie B.
<ebaresch_REMOVE_@cox._THIS_net> wrote in
<MPG.208e7b95d6d0f9a398b163@127.0.0.1>:

>On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:06:40 -1000 Joseph Fenn wrote:
>

>> > 1. Check the configuration of your exact model on the Lenovo web site.
>> > 2. Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual & check your configuration.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Best regards,
>> > John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>
>> >

>> John,
>> I tried that url and it says unable to connect to it so must be
>> invalid

>I connected to it with no problems.

Likewise.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

Daniel Skorka

Joseph Fenn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> John,
> I tried that url and it says unable to connect to it so must be
> invalid

Ok, let's try a different approach. Get a linux live-cd, like knoppix.
Boot it. Open a terminal (sometimes called konsole, console, xterm or
shell); and entry vor this can be found somewhere in the menu. Type
'lspci'. Hit Return. If any line of the output contains the word
'Modem', you have one. If not, you don't.

Daniel
--
Imagine a fearsomely comprehensive disclaimer of liability.
Now fear, comprehensively.

John Navas

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 07:58:20 -1000, Joseph Fenn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in <(E-Mail Removed) t>:

>> I connected to it with no problems.

>> Communication: The art of moving an idea from one mind to another, hopefully
>> without distortion.

>Well just tried your URL again Ernie B. and it immediately rejected
>3 times I tried so something is wrong somewhere.

It's actually my URL, and is working fine, so the problem is either in
your configuration or with your ISP.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

John Navas

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:34:06 -1000, Joseph Fenn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in <(E-Mail Removed) et>:

>Well you do have a problem as that URL (highlishted) is as we say
>in Hawaii kapulu. We are both on the same internet and it just
>hits the target once and says "unable connect" with it.

Correction:
I don't have a problem.
You have a problem.