Re: Looking for Gateway audio driver for 1969

SC Tom

"kj6ko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have a professional series Gateway 733 PIII that has had XP re-loaded
> on it and it aparently has the wrong driver for the ESS 1969 PCi
> Audiodrive Audio board as it shows nothing in the incoming audio control
> or driver section. The Line In and MIC inputs have NO controls. I have
> seen this exact problem with other Gateways on another forum, but it was
> an old post and the Japanese site that was listed for the driver is no
> longer. The Gateway site is no help and NO, I don't have the original
> disk for the PC. The driver update just loads a newer version of the
> one that doesn't work, and still doesn't work. The "Line In" works, but
> I have NO control over it.
> In Control Panel under Sounds and Audio Devices, under Audio, there
> is NOTHING listed under "Line In" default device and nothing avail in
> the pull down. Playback shows the ESS 1969.
>
> Any help??
>
> Thanks...

Try this and see if it's the one you need:
http://www.updrivers.com/drivers/Sou..._XP/20101.html

Watch which Download button you press. The one you want is about 2/3 of the
way down the page. (I hate false D/L buttons.)
--
SC Tom

authoring DVD-Audio or audio-only DVD-Video from 44.1 audio data D P Schreber Apple 1 05-21-2006 01:39 PM
Hp officejet 7310 all in one network transfer of pictures resets date to 1969 markm75c@msn.com HP 0 07-07-2005 01:59 AM
Looking - Looking - Looking R A Matrox 0 07-20-2004 01:15 PM
hi, Does anyone know where can I get an EVD player. EVDs are 5 times the resolution of DVD and it has much superior audio quality. I am looking for a EVD writer for movie recording. Looking for EVD writer/burner. myth Hardware 1 06-21-2004 12:38 AM
FA: IBM Thinkpad CD player model 1969-008 snooper IBM Thinkpad 0 10-24-2003 02:36 AM