Re: Losing time when watching videos fullscreen on my old CRT TV.

Ant

Weird. It looks like I isolated down to more. It seems like DVI setup
and has nothing to do with clone fullscreen video on TV. If I use
DVI+VGA adapter + VGA cables setup through my old four ports OmniCube
KVM (from Y2K with its cables), then no time losses. This doesn't make
any sense to me! What is different with DVI and VGA cables and its
connectors+DVI adapter? Does DVI have something to tell my computer's
timer or something?

Also, this is with a 19" Samsung 931BF LCD monitor (1280x1024) with both
DVI and VGA ports on its back. I even tried unplugging VGA cable,
switching to another DVI cable, and same problem. Ugh.

FYI, it is not onboard audio since I disabled it, rebooted (required as
it told me), and played more fullscreen videos to CRT TV.

On 2/19/2011 8:33 AM PT, Ant typed:

--
* <-- Tribble ... *********************** <-- Tribbles imitating ants
(unknown author)
/\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
| |o o| |

Ant

http://pastebin.com/nfAG7kt9 for my ATI event logs. I don't know if
those are good or bad.

On 2/19/2011 4:23 PM PT, Ant typed:

> Weird. It looks like I isolated down to more. It seems like DVI setup
> and has nothing to do with clone fullscreen video on TV. If I use
> DVI+VGA adapter + VGA cables setup through my old four ports OmniCube
> KVM (from Y2K with its cables), then no time losses. This doesn't make
> any sense to me! What is different with DVI and VGA cables and its
> connectors+DVI adapter? Does DVI have something to tell my computer's
> timer or something?
>
> Also, this is with a 19" Samsung 931BF LCD monitor (1280x1024) with both
> DVI and VGA ports on its back. I even tried unplugging VGA cable,
> switching to another DVI cable, and same problem. Ugh.
>
> FYI, it is not onboard audio since I disabled it, rebooted (required as
> it told me), and played more fullscreen videos to CRT TV.
>

> On 2/19/2011 8:33 AM PT, Ant typed:
>
>> FYI. In http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336503410 forum
>> thread, http://www.thesycon.de/dpclat/dpclat.exe (DPC Latency Checker)
>> was mentioned so I tried it.
>>
>> I started this program with a clone of my desktop to CRT TV (640x480).
>> Green and low results. Then, I started up a fullscreen MPEG-2 HD video.
>> Then, things shot up with yellow and red.
>>
>> I stopped after a few seconds with enough datas. I exited dpclat.exe and
>> put my display back to single display to my 19" LCD monitor (1280x1024)
>> only. I repeated the tests, but they appeared to be similiar:
>> http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3...gmpeg2vide.gif and
>> http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3854/...gmpeg2vide.gif ... What
>> do you think? They look identical to me. The time slow down only happens
>> in clone display mode with fullscreen videos.
>>

>> On 2/17/2011 6:10 AM PT, Ant typed:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> How come my PC/Windows' clock loses a few seconds per minute (seems to
>>> pause about every four or five seconds for about a half of a second)
>>> when I use CRT TV clone and watching videos fullscreen on my old 20" CRT
>>> TV (from 1996)? If I am not watching videos on it or use single display
>>> mode to my DVI/VGA 19" LCD monitor (1280x1024) with videos, then I have
>>> no problems.
>>>
>>> I used ATI Catalyst suite display drivers (v9.7 and v10.12) to clone to
>>> my old 20" CRT TV to show videos fullscreen. I am using an old updated
>>> Windows XP Pro. SP3, 2+ years old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB of
>>> RAM), Intel quad-core systems, etc.
>>>
>>> What's up with that and how do I fix it? Thank you in advance.

--
"I'm not a worker ant. I'm like a queen. Or maybe a king. But you never
hear of king ants." --Sean Bentley