Re: Major ISPs dropping Usenet

geoff

> THEY HAVE NO INTENSION OF BLOCKING OR REMOVING ANY NEWS GROUPS WITH
> INFORMATIONAL VALUE

Here is the announcement from the RR website (you have to select your
city/state/etc. after clicking on the link):

http://help.rr.com/HMSFaqs/e_newsgro...rmination.aspx
I cannot access Road Runner Newsgroups or download articles?
As of June 23, 2008, Road Runner will no longer offer Newsgroups, however
users can subscribe on their own to third party News providers.

Why is Road Runner discontinuing their own Newsgroups service?
Due to low subscriber usage Road Runner has decided to discontinue
Newsgroups service as of June 23, 2008.

If I still want a news service, what can I do?
Subscribers can choose to use a third party service and purchase on their
own through that service. There are many providers with offerings, as an
example here are several providers:

Easynews
Newshosting
UsenetServer

When is the last day that Road Runner Newsgroups service will be available?
Newsgroups service will cease on June 23, 2008.

6/5/2008 4:55 PM
Modified by MG