Re: Major ISPs dropping Usenet

geoff

Seems the internet took two hits this month, one is the story about usenet
and the other is about TWC's testing of internet metering in Texas before
going national.

This should kill off any thoughts of video streaming, etc.

The high end package in Texas allows 40 gigs a month. Hell, I surfed and
watched a 12 minute podcast, within 1.5 hours, I had downloaded 1 gig.

Also unclear is if phone usage counts toward the limit, if it does, I guess
TWC and others have figured out a way to suck more money from us.

--g