Re: Missing typing, mouse clicks, mouse movements - Leopard 10.5.1

Madwen

In article <271120070838563907%(E-Mail Removed)>,
Sally Shears <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am finding that some of my keyboard/mouse actions are not picked up.
> That is, I'll start typing and the first character is missed. Some
> mouse clicks are missed. Moving the mouse (trackpad) doesn't move he
> cursor for a moment, then everything is all right.

Perchance, are you running TypeIt4Me and/or CopyPaste?

Madwen

In article <271120071155200935%(E-Mail Removed)>,
Sally Shears <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)-sjc.supernews.net>, Madwen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <271120070838563907%(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Sally Shears <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > I am finding that some of my keyboard/mouse actions are not picked up.
> > > That is, I'll start typing and the first character is missed. Some
> > > mouse clicks are missed. Moving the mouse (trackpad) doesn't move he
> > > cursor for a moment, then everything is all right.

> > Perchance, are you running TypeIt4Me and/or CopyPaste?

> Nope.

I asked because those two apps are known not to get along and can cause
some weird effects like that. I recently had to replace my Apple Pro
mouse that finally expired after 6 years. Weirdly, I thought I was
going to have to replace my very new keyboard too because it was just
not responding at times. I thought maybe the failing mouse had shorted
out my keyboard. But luckily, I replaced the mouse first and, after a
shutdown & reboot, the keyboard operation returned to normal. I realize
you have a trackpad and not a mouse. Perhaps either it or the keyboard
is failing.